About Me

My photo
Makeup is my creative distraction from an otherwise hectic life! I'm a busy Mom of 2 and an aspiring makeup artist and everything and anything related to beauty captures my interest. I'll share with you some of my makeup looks and reviews, and also a few bits and pieces from my life. Beauty really is in everyone, you just need a couple of good makeup brushes and a helpful technique to unlock your inner goddess!

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Review: Sephora Professionnel Platinum Concealer Airbrush #57

Hi Darlings,

I'm back with another review.  I mentioned in a previous post that I was applying and blending under eye concealer with my finger tips (after I applied my eye cream, of course).  This is something that I just started doing in the past few months, mostly because I'm too lazy to keep washing my concealer brush (MAC 242).  I think with face brushes you would need to wash them at least every other day to reduce the risk of bacteria that can affect your skin.  I was previously using the MAC 242 or MAC 194 brushes to apply under eye concealer.  My issue with those brushes is that it does apply well, but does not blend really, so you would need to use either another brush to blend the product out or dirty your fingers (which I hate doing! sorry, it's a pet peeve of mine!). 


I wasn't really on the hunt for a new concealer brush since I was already getting used to using my fingers (despite them getting dirty), and it did a good job of blending the product into my skin.  One day on my lunch hour I found myself "window shopping" at Sephora at the Americana Mall in Manhasset (something I do quite often!) and  I stumbled upon the Sephora brush collection to discover their Professional Platinum Concealer Airbrush #57!



What actually drew me to it was its size.  As you can see from the picture the head is much denser and thicker than most typical concealer brushes, which is probably why it blends the product so well.  I use this with my favorite concealer, MAC Prolongwear, to apply and blend and it really gives such a nice finish.  It goes into your skin and gives a look that is seamless and natural.  Best of all, I don't use a lot of product with it, so it helps in that way as well.  I don't know how I didn't stumble upon this sooner, but I'm thrilled that I did!


If you are using any other concealer brush or your finger tips to apply concealer to your face, please go to Sephora and try this product out.  You will be so glad that you did.  Feel free to comment here about your experience with this product or any other tips and tricks for applying concealer.


Sending positive thoughts your way...


CC

No comments:

Post a Comment