About Me

My photo
Makeup is my creative distraction from an otherwise hectic life! I'm a busy Mom of 2 and an aspiring makeup artist and everything and anything related to beauty captures my interest. I'll share with you some of my makeup looks and reviews, and also a few bits and pieces from my life. Beauty really is in everyone, you just need a couple of good makeup brushes and a helpful technique to unlock your inner goddess!

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

FOTD: MAC Mythology and Swiss Chocolate

Hi Darlings,

I attended a wedding last fall and wanted to do a makeup breakdown for you guys on the look that I wore.  The wedding was of a South Indian couple and I wore a baby pink saree and wanted to wear a matching look on my eyes.  I decided to go with MAC's eyeshadow in Mythology (gorgeous pinky - coppery shade).  It's a really subtle eye that I thought would be appropriate for a daytime event.





Here's the full breakdown...


FACE:
MAC Matte - face primer
MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation - NC44 (I really didn't like the performance of this foundation...will explain in detail in a future post)
MAC Studio Finish Concealer - NW35 (for my undereyes)
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium/Dark


EYES:
Urban Decay Primer Potion - Prime those eyelids baby (to ward off oil creasing on your lids and helps the shadow last longer)
MAC Mythology - all over the lid and along the lower lashline
MAC Swiss Chocolate - in the crease (using a windshield wiper motion)
Maybeline Gel Liner - Black (for upper lashline - great dupe for MAC's blacktrack fluidline!)
Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner - Zero (for lower lashling/waterline)
L'Oreal - Voluminous Mascara (Blackest Black) - Luv this Mascara!!


CHEEKS:
MAC (blush) - Gingerly
MAC Mineralize Skinifinish Duo - Golden Highlight (for the tops of my cheeks)


LIPS:
MAC - Touch


There you have it...I really like how this look came out, it was really simple, quick and easy to do, all you need is an eye for the right color and a little imagination!


Sending positive thoughts your way...


CC

No comments:

Post a Comment