About Me

My photo
Makeup is my creative distraction from an otherwise hectic life! I'm a busy Mom of 2 and an aspiring makeup artist and everything and anything related to beauty captures my interest. I'll share with you some of my makeup looks and reviews, and also a few bits and pieces from my life. Beauty really is in everyone, you just need a couple of good makeup brushes and a helpful technique to unlock your inner goddess!

Friday, October 28, 2011

Spotlight: MAC Melon Pigment

Hi Darlings,

How many of you like melons?  I'm not just talking about honeydew, cantalopes, or watermelon...I'm referring to MAC Melon pigment!  I think this is their most popular pigment since it seems to pop up in almost every holiday bag.  Who can blame MAC for including it in almost every holiday collection, it is such a gorgeous peachy-gold shade that I think flatters all different skin tones.  I had a few samples that I eventually pressed to create a solid shadow.  I have to admit, I was nervous about pressing pigments, but it was an easy process that didn't take long and was actually fun to do.  I created my very own MAC palette of pressed pigments and really enjoy using them.



Back to Melon...I've used melon pigment numerous times and its also in a few of my FOTD's.  I love pairing Melon with browns and purples in the crease.  I'd like to pair it with Deep Truth shadow to see how that comes out...will have to do a post about that!

If you haven't tried Melon pigment before I would go to your nearest MAC store or MAC counter and ask for a sample.  I've noticed that many sales associates are a bit stingy when it comes to giving pigment samples, but there is one particular sales associate in my nearest MAC store that gives a very generous sample.  All you need is 2-3 of those generous samples to have enough to press the pigment into an eyeshadow.  There are even sites that will sell samples, as opposed to paying $20.00 for the full size bottle (which would take an eternity to use up, unless you are really using that color every single day!).  One such site that I like to use is http://www.thebodyneeds2.com/.  Their service is great and reliable and it is authentic MAC pigment (beware of fake MAC on the internet). 

The other benefit to pressing the pigments is you don't run the risk of fallout that you would otherwise have with pigment.

Have you tried Melon?  Tell me about your experience with this color!

Sending positive thoughts your way...

CC

No comments:

Post a Comment