About Me

My photo
Makeup is my creative distraction from an otherwise hectic life! I'm a busy Mom of 2 and an aspiring makeup artist and everything and anything related to beauty captures my interest. I'll share with you some of my makeup looks and reviews, and also a few bits and pieces from my life. Beauty really is in everyone, you just need a couple of good makeup brushes and a helpful technique to unlock your inner goddess!

Monday, November 14, 2011

Review: Salma Hayek Nuance Tinted Moisturizer (Medium)

Hi Darlings,

I happen to be shopping at a CVS in the neighborhood for a few essentials, and of course I have to checkout the drugstore makeup aisle.  Now, up until 2 years ago I only shopped for makeup products at drugstores.  What brought me to MAC, NARS, Bobbi Brown, and others is when I stumbled upon a few YouTube videos showcasing these makeup lines, how they were being used, and I immediately fell in love!  I no longer purchased drugstore beauty products after that.  They have a wide variety of colors and selection for people of all skintones.  I was officially a convert and no longer a makeup virgin.  I guess you can say that MAC took my virginity :) And like Madonna says, "Like a virgin...Ahh...touched for the very first time!" (sidenote: I am a huge Madonna fan!)

Ok, so back to my point, I was looking through the beauty aisle and stumbled upon Salma Hayek's beauty line called Nuance.  I don't care too much for the name, so that didn't really catch my attention.  I wanted to see what she had to offer and from my quick scan of the line she offered foundation, concealers, eyeshadow compacts, lip quads, and tinted moisturizers.  I have been looking for a good tinted moisturizer to add to my routine for a while now.  I know plenty of people have reviewed and glorified Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer, but I cannot justify the $42 price tag for just a tinted moisturizer.  Foundation - I can understand that, but for an everyday tinted moisturizer I couldn't open my wallet.  My expectations for a tinted moisturizer was to even out my complexion, so you can see, my expectation wasn't too high.



Salma Hayek offered her flawless wear tinted moisturizer at $14.99.  The product advertises, "Oil-free, sheer coverage delivers a healthy, radiant glow for all skin types."  Now, me personally I consider my facial skin to be more on the combination/oily side.  I was skeptical to think that a drugstore line can prove to be a great product, but the price tag convinced me to give it a go.  What could I lose right? I could always return it as a dissatisfied customer :)  I purchased the shade medium as it seemed like it would be just enough tint to even out my skin.  There is a medium/deep shade that I considered purchasing but my one qualm with purchasing the darker shade is that it may oxidize later on, making you look darker than you already are (and that would definitely be an issue for me!)

Now, I realize that I should have taken before pics as well (I promise to update this post with a "before" pic at some point). 

Here's the full breakdown of what I wore when the pics below were taken...(after a few hours of wear)

FACE:
MAC Matte Primer
Nuance - Tinted Moisturizer (medium)
Makeup Forever HD Microfinish Powder - dusted all over with a fluffy powder brush

EYES:
Sephora - Kohl liner on the upper and lower lashlines
L'Oreal Million Lashes Mascara - Carbon Black

LIPS:
MAC Lipstick - Fluid, pressed onto lips for a stained look

Here is how I looked approximately 12 hours after I applied the tinted moisturizer.






I don't have any concealer on and I am very happy with the result of how this tinted moisturizer performed.  I didn't blot or touch up my face with powder at all the whole day.  This one stop shop is definitely all I need to make my morning routine that much easier.  Thanks Salma!

Since I am still in this beginning, honeymoon phase of testing this product, I will try it out fully for at least 2-3 weeks before I really make up my mind, but so far I think I will repurchase this product when I run out!

Have you tried out this tinted moisturizer or any of the other products from this line?  If so, share and tell me about your experiences with Nuance.

Hope this inspired you to try and see for yourself.

Sending positive thoughts your way...

CC

No comments:

Post a Comment