About Me

My photo
Makeup is my creative distraction from an otherwise hectic life! I'm a busy Mom of 2 and an aspiring makeup artist and everything and anything related to beauty captures my interest. I'll share with you some of my makeup looks and reviews, and also a few bits and pieces from my life. Beauty really is in everyone, you just need a couple of good makeup brushes and a helpful technique to unlock your inner goddess!

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

FOTD: Summer Gold Look

Hi Darlings,

I'm trying to keep the momentum of consistent postings going, so as long as I have the motivation (and energy!) to do it, I'll hopefully keep this up and not go into hibernating mode!

I'm just now getting to pictures that I've had on my camera from the summer and finally uploaded them into my computer (hence all these recent posts!).  This is a look that I wore to my birthday party this summer.  Hubby and I invited some friends over for a casual bbq and then my girlfriend and I (practically my soul sister :) ) went out to a hookah lounge literally after midnight!  It was a fun night, in fact so much fun that our sons were up talking and playing until 4:30 in the morning! Needless to say, we were all pretty tired the next morning.  Nonetheless, it was an evening of great food, great drinks, and even better friends.

Now, on to the look...


I loved wearing this gold look for the summer, overall I'm really happy with how it came out.  In retrospect, however, I wish I had added lashes to glam up this look even more...oh well, there's always next time! 

Here's the full breakdown...

FACE:
MAC Prolongwear Foundation - NC42 mixed with a bit of NW35, applied with a buffer brush
MAC Prolongwear Concealer - NW35, applied with the Sephora airbrush concealer brush (under my eyes)
Makeup Forever HD Microfinish Powder - to set

EYES:
Urban Decay Primer Potion - Prime those lids baby!!
MAC Paintpot - Rubenesque - applied to the lid (with my index finger)
MAC Pigment - Melon (this is a pigment that I pressed) - applied to the lid
MAC Eyeshadow - Bronze - blended into the crease with the MAC 217 and applied under the lower lashline
L'Oreal Liquid Eyeliner - Black - applied to the upper lashline
Prestige Total Intensity - Deepest Black - applied to the waterline, and also to tightline
L'Oreal Million Lashes Mascara - Carbon Black

CHEEKS:
NARS Multiple - South Beach, applied with my fingers to the apples of my cheeks
Nars Blush - Torrid

LIPS:
MAC Lipliner - Subculture
MAC Lipstick - Mocha
MAC Lustreglass - Love Nectar

I really hope you guys enjoyed this FOTD and keep checking back regularly for more updates.

Stay beautiful, inside and out!

Sending positive thoughts your way...

CC

No comments:

Post a Comment